Our Cleft & Craniofacial Team
The Children's Hospital Cleft and Craniofacial Team is well known for their work with children with congenital and acquired facial differences.
The Cleft and Craniofacial Team's philosophy is that helping your family takes more than excellent physicians with exceptional medical skills. We believe that it is important to consider not only your child's surgery but to provide support for the whole family's emotional well-being. Our specialists can help your child and your family every step of the way from the first surgery to long-term follow-up.
The Cleft and Craniofacial Team of New Orleans provides:
- education about your child's craniofacial differences
- promotion of self esteem
- hearing and speech evaluation and management
- definitive diagnosis and genetic counseling
- dental and orthodontic management
- help with psychological issues
- we empower your family to become experts on the management of craniofacial differences.
We provide personalized, flexible treatment in one location. We make a long-range commitment to your child and family. We achieve these goals by using a number of experienced pediatric sub-specialists.
Our Team of Pediatric Sub-Specialists:
- Audiology: Amanda Giles, MCD, CCC-A
- Genetics: Yves Lacassie, MD, Michael Marble, MD, Regina M. Zambrano, MD
- Neurosurgery: Lori McBride, MD
- Nursing: Mary Ellen Alexander, RN, MN, Team Coordinator
- Oral Surgery: Demarcus Smith IV, DDS, Michael Ferguson, DDS, MD, Jeffrey James, MD, DDS
- Orthodontist: Willliam LeDoux, DDS, Mark Coreil, DDS
- Otolaryngology (ENT): Lawrence Simon, MD, Anita Jeyakumar, MD, Sohit Kanotra, MD
- Pediatric Dentistry: Claudia Cavallino, DDS, Stephen Holmes, DDS
- Plastic/Reconstructive Surgery: Michael Moses, MD, Clinic Director, Hugo St. Hilaire, MD, DDS
- Speech Pathology: Patrice F. Haywood, M.Ed., CCC-SLP
- Social Services: Martine Wiseman, LCSW
Michael Moses, MD started the Cleft and Craniofacial Team in 1986. The New Orleans Children's Hospital Cleft and Craniofacial Team is now the largest team in the Gulf South. The New Orleans Children's Hospital Cleft and Craniofacial Team recently received approval from Commission on Approval of Teams through the American Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Association.
Families enjoy the convenience of having all of the specialists they need in one location at one time. At each clinic, the specialists draw up a specific plan for your child. Mary Ellen Alexander, the clinic coordinator, produces a copy of your plan and mails it to you and your Pediatrician or referring specialist.